Friday, March 24, 2006

Gnomish Dreams

Thanks to John for this link.

Last night I had a peculiar dream and it actually made me laugh when I woke up but then I became confused. Then I became agitated. Then I became hungry and ate a bagel.
Anyhoo, here is the dream:
I had bought a house in an unknown neighbourhood with my cousin (who got married this summer) and it was a large Victorian gem. I have always had a thing for attics so I was really excited that this one had one and that it was completely renovated. The house was quite lovely and really large but to the point of having too many rooms for the actual space, you know what I mean? So, the amusing part was that when I had a house-warming party and invited my friends and family over and started showing them the house it suddenly occured to me all the rooms were bathrooms.

Here is what dreammoods had to say about the symbols in my dream:

House
To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the unconscious, etc. If the house is empty, then it indicates feelings of insecurity. If the house is shifting, then it suggests that you are going through some personal changes and changing your belief system. If you live with others in your walking life, but dream that you are living alone, suggests that you need to take new steps toward independence. You need to accept responsibilities and be more self-reliant.

To see an old, run-down house in your dream, represents your old beliefs, attitudes and how you used to think or feel. A situation in your current life may be bringing about those same old attitudes and feelings. Alternatively, the old house may symbolize your need to update you mode of thinking. If the house is new, then it indicates that you are entering into a new phase or new area in your life.

To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.
Cousins
To see your cousin in your dream, represents something or some aspect of your character that is somewhat familiar. Perhaps you need to spend more time in cultivating and developing some emerging ability or character.
Room
To dream that you are in a room, represents a particular aspect of yourself or a particular relationship. Dreams about various rooms often relate to hidden areas of the conscious mind and different aspects of your personality.
To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally.
To see an appealing or comfortable room in your dream, signifies opulence and satisfaction in life.
I am fascinating, I know.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Cool links. I'll have to try applying this to some of my dreams.