Thursday, January 05, 2006

Singledom vs. Online Dating

I've mentioned it before but just to recap for those who don't read my blog regularly or don't know how to access the archives (either consult with the all-knowing Muddler or you know, go to right of this page and click), I have entered the world of online dating and despite the favourable responses I have recieved from it, I just don't feel totally comfortable. I don't know what it is exactly, on paper it seems like the perfect thing for me, as I am generally shy and reserved in person when meeting strangers but, to me at least, it seems kind of unnatural to shop around for potentials, you know what I mean? I feel guilty for not responding to people so I answer all emails and then find myself in the awkward situation of having to correspond with men I have no intention of dating.
Anyhoo, although I know I have to take more of a proactive role in my love-life it has been experience that for the most part when we look for love it's gone out for coffee so I say "Take your time man, I'll be here blogging". Besides, I don't date well, I'm too aloof. I grow on people like ivy or a fungus. A loveable fungus. To know me is to love me.
You know, on the topic of online dating can I just recommend the Onion personals as well as Lemontonic? I freely admit to not liking Lavalife, the site is too, I don't know, red. Plus, since they have that Instant Messenger thing it always takes my computer forever to load the page. I like sites that are simple to use and that I get interesting responses from so Lemontonic has been a good choice. I also thought that anyone who uses the Onion's personals has to have read The Onion so at least we've got a sence of humour in common to start from.

Peace out and remember this wise advice some guy on the street once gave me:
"He who is cold must remember to wear mittens."

1 comment:

Angry Gnome said...

Thanks Mud, I'll keep note of it in the future. Right now I think I've had my fill of online dating.