Monday, January 09, 2006

AG's Path to Enlightenment

I have come to the conclusion that the path to true happiness in one's life is not nirvana or religious rhetoric but rather to live each and every day slightly drunk. Case in point, today I wasn't having such a great day, as Mondays tend to be, but in the afternoon my brother called me for an important "meeting" at the Old Orchard Pub and then the day wasn't so bad. I generally don't condone drinkng on a Monday afternoon but after today all I can really say is "Why the hell not?" I mean really, if raging alcoholism is the only way I can be interesting and oh-so-witty then why not devote the rest of my life to pints and pubs? I can honestly say that I am not that interesting sober.

Oh, and by they way, anyone who is up for it may join me in my debauchery this weekend to celebrate by twenty-nith year on this planet. All invited. Woo-woo!

* I just want to clarify that although I wrote that I wasn't interesting sober I didn't mean that I wasn't all that. Because I am. Plus a box of cracker Jacks. Anyhoo, I think I believe what I meant to say is that I'm more interesting when I'm slightly toasted which is, I know, totally unfair to all those who suck because they aren't me.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You ARE that interesting sober. Alcohol is not important to your interesting-ness.

Blogger_Naut said...

It's true - alcohol is not a must. Remember that time you had a cheerio in your cleavage? No alcohol involved there and you were VERY intersting if I do say so myself.

Angry Gnome said...

Ok, ok, I admit I AM interesting sober but I think my point is that I would rather not be. Like I said to Steffo, I just want to high five everyone without abandon.

Unknown said...

And so the rest of thank God you're not drunk ALL the time. As I said, that high 5-ing would get irritating pretty fast.

Blogger_Naut said...

aw nuts, now I'll just HAVE TO high 5 you next time I see ya over 'n' over 'n' over...

Angry Gnome said...

Blogger_Naut, you can high five me if you come out to the Old Orchard for a couple of hours.