Sunday, October 30, 2005

Insane in the Membrane

Well folks, the end of the month is near and I have come to the realization that I may have gotten myself in over my head with this whole NaNoWriMo thing. I mean sure, I know how to write and for the most part have the ability to string together a few coherent sentences here and there but 50,000 words? Am I serious? God, I don't know why I thought I could undertake such a task, I can't even respond to emails when I'm having a bad day, what if I have an entire bad month? It's not that I don't have ideas, they're all stuck up there in my brain with all my repressed memories but to unlock them might prove to be a dangerous thing. I shudder at the thought of writing a bad romance novel a-la-Danielle-Steel variety. I swear to God, if I write one sentence that resembles "His rippling forearm musles tore at her lace bodice with fury" I will jump off the top of PVM. (Damn, I think I just dry-heaved when I read over my brief foray into Harlequin romance territory.)

P.S. Wish my luck in November.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you start writing Harlequin Romance stuff our friendship will be over. No ifs, ands or ripply forearms ...

Angry Gnome said...

You cut me deep Stef, real deep.

Blogger_Naut said...

I say let the cheese flow - rippling buns and all.