Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"One Day in September"

I have just finished watching a documentary on the CBC titled "One Day in September" which retold the story of the events at the Munich Olympics in 1972. It was riveting and dramatic and very sad how the German authorities were ill-prepared and incompetent in their dealings with the terrorist group Black September. I came away with the feeling that had they been more trained in hostage negotiations and open to accepting help from the Isreali government and agencies such as Mossad there could have been survivors. Just my own opinion, though. Did anyone else happen to catch it? We can discuss.
F.Y.I. Apparently Spielberg is directing a new movie on the subject and I believe it deals with the massacre but it mostly follows the story of the Mossad agents who hunted down two of the terrorists. Sounds interesting, yes?
Steffo, looks like you'll have to attend another movie with me! Um, sorry it's not as fun as HP:GOF.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lyndo - you know I'm there.

Angry Gnome said...

Thanks babe.