Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lookin' for a computer

I am looking for a new pc and since I am on a budget I am checking out all the different "sales" and "special offers" from various compy companies and I came across an add while watching tv and it seemed alright so I checked it out online. They have a few different models in my price range available and I thought "Why not?" so I chose one and waited for them to get back to me and after a couple of days they did and said that I was approved for financing so, you know, yay and all. However, before I signed anything I asked them to fax me the information and I would go over it (because it's not the same talking about it over the phone, I have to see in writing what I'm buying). It's a good thing I did because it turns out that even though I had signed up for a certain model online, the one I was ordering wasn't the same one AND it seemed more expensive too. Here's the deal, you have a choice with the company, either you don't have to pay anything for twelve months or you pay on a monthly basis but you obviously have to put a sort of deposit down before the ship the compy to you. Anyhoo, in eight weeks you pay them 624.00$ and then they deduct your account 60.00$ every month for the next two years. The total amount for the compy that I didn't necessarily pick out online is 2,064.00$, which seems like a lot for a compy they were advertising for 699.99$

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IBM Certified Used Equipment

The Muddler got his there.