Wednesday, November 02, 2005

How about "A mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in bacon"?

Ok, so in my quest to get over someone I recently joined the world of online dating via Lavalife. So far it's been pretty successful and most the men seem relatively normal but some guys have to rethink their profile headlines. I don't know about you but when I'm browsing and see a headline like "U & I: Meant for each other" I tend to try and find my happy place and kinda move on. Or when they're like "Live Life to the Fullest". Whatever. Find some new material, you know what I mean? I hate to be picky and I know writing about yourself can be awkward for some (not me, as you may have already noticed) but if you take the time to think about what you're going to write instead of writing something unoriginal then you're not going to be remembered as being just that.

P.S. The title of this post was brought to you by some dude on Lavalife and I kind of liked it. I'm kinda weird though, so there you go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must be going about this the wrong way. I've had some interest, but mostly it has just been weirdos and people who send smiles but never respond back to me after I've smiled back. Why even bother???

Angry Gnome said...

I think the point is to give it time, you know what I mean? Suppose you were at a bar and you were into someone but they weren't into you, sometimes rejection happens no matter where you are. Online dating is much the same and people seem to be even more discriminating. At least when you're in a one-on-one situation you can find qualities about a person that you like even though you never thought they would be your type.