Thursday, August 25, 2005

Headin' for a Weddin'.



Ah yes, that wonderful time of year when inevitably one of my cousins gets married. As some of you may or may not know, I have 21 first-cousins and we're all pretty close and everytime one of those bastards ties the knot I have to attend the "celebration" with a gift and a smile.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them but do they all have to be so glib about it? All they do is talk about happiness, true love, and soulmates. Blah, blah, blah. Shut you pie hole.
Now with one more hitched there are few of us singletons left in the Fitzpatrick-Costello clan, I mean, really, out of 21 there are now 5 left and one of those is a nun so she's kinda already married to Jeebus.
Anyhoo, not really looking forward to the trip there as it pretty much consists of sitting in a closed vehicle for six hours with my 'rents and their dogs. Needless to say, I have stocked up on the Gravol and sleeping pills to get me through it all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh - 6 hours in the car with the 'rents ... about as good as my non-birthday celebration plans.

Angry Gnome said...

Yeah, call it karma.